Y’all when I tell you my family is obsessed with this recipe, I mean obsessed. Between the four of us, we go through a loaf in an hour & it’s the first thing the kids want to do when we get back from the farmer’s market.
Every Saturday, we hit the local market to grab local zucchini and eggs from Anthony’s Roots. We don’t even unload the goodies and the kids are asking about making bread. Let’s be honest they wake up on Saturday’s asking if we can go to the market so we can make some bread.
Wyatt learned how to make this simple zucchini bread himself at five-years-old. Don’t worry, I do the oven part for him. He handles the rest, it’s that simple of a recipe.
I highly recommend grabbing local ingredients because it does make a difference in the taste. I can easily tell the difference between store bought eggs and farm fresh eggs. I’m thankful we live in South Georgia so it’s easy to buy local year round.
Just a quick note before you dive in, this recipe says to bake for 45 minutes. However, every single oven is different. When these photos were taken, my oven needed an hour to bake this bread. I just got a new oven and I’m now much closer to the 45 minute mark for the bread.
Also, make two loaves. Seriously! My family doesn’t even wait for the first one to cool before it’s finished so make a second if you intend to use this as a breakfast staple or snack.
My hubs was nervous the first time I told him I was making zucchini bread but even he’s addicted now.
Trust me, the whole family is going to love it!
Now, just because this recipe is simple doesn’t mean it isn’t delicious!
To mix it up, consider adding some walnuts or chocolate chips to your shopping list. I’m a bit of a purist here so you’ll never find either in my bread at home but if you’re more bold than I am by all means, get crazy with it!
- 1 egg + 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Grease your loaf pan (I use the butter flavored crisco)
- Grate the zucchini with the skin on (typically 2-3 zucchinis will give you the amount needed)
- Lightly beat your eggs and mix them with the oil and sugar
- Add the zucchini to the mix
- Mix your dry ingredients in a separate bowl (use a flour sifter for a better consistency)
- Now add the dry to the wet SLOWLY & alternate between adding dry ingredients & milk. Add some dry ingredients and mix then add milk and mix. Repeat until totally mixed.
- Add to your greased loaf pan & bake for 45 minutes.
- Check with a fork, toothpick, etc. If it comes out clean aka no bread on the utensil, you're done!
- Let cool and enjoy!